It’s time for our vacation, and I bet you all marked your calendars for the long time off, some are planning sun tans and others long walks and rainy nights in other regions.
Whether you are sun person or looking for your vacation somewhere rainy, have you thought about your teeth during that timing?
Prevention is always the key; before booking your flight; give enough time to pass by your dentist for a thorough check-up; you wouldn’t want any surprises to ruin your vacation mode.
What would you need your dentist to do in that visit?
- to carry a thorough examination of all your teeth; to spot any problems before they happen; and this would include taking x-rays.
- in case of an emergency; get in touch with your dentists; as most emergency managements could be guided through the phone to ensures a positive outcome until you are able to meet a dentist.
- how would you find a trusted dentist if your overseas?
Always contact your embassy and ask the consulate and their employees for a recommendation.
- Well it happens more than you would think; you actually end up forgetting to pack your tooth brush; a simple option that could help you manage until you reach a store to rinse vigorously with water or put some toothpaste on a clean washcloth or your clean finger in a pinch.
How would you pack your toothbrush?
Always pack your tooth brush dried in a separate sealed bag
- Sugarless gum; Research shows that chewing sugarless gum for 20 minutes after a meal can help prevent cavities. That’s because it gets saliva flowing, which helps wash away cavity-causing bacteria plus it will help you with the airplane pressure.
And last but not least don’t beat yourself up for indulging too many sweets during your trip, get on track once you are back and follow your routine of brushing twice a day for two minutes and flossing.