Why Choose Laser Hair Removal?
- Latest generation in hair removal technology
- Virtually pain free
- Permanent hair reduction
- Fast, effective, safe & comfortable
- Provides amazing results even on stubborn areas
- Suitable for all skin types
- Unsurpassed clinical results
- FDA approved and fully insured
- Less painful and more effective than IPL ( Intense Pulsed Light )
- Fewer sessions required than IPL.
DEKA are a highly respected global leading brand with over 30 years experience making medical and cosmetic lasers. The DEKA Synchro REPLA: Y Excellium 3.4: 755 nm Alexandrite, 1,064nm Nd:YAG, FT Pulsed Light capabilities. This wavelength is the industry’s Gold-Standard and has been clinically proven to safely and effectively treat all skin types whilst offering unparalleled treatment speed and efficiency with optimal patient comfort. The Synchro REPLA: Y EXCELLIUM 3.4 is more than 95% faster than the average hair reduction session and also features the unique cooling mechanism to chill the skin before and during treatment. This unique patented cooling technology increases treatment efficacy and ensures a virtually painless treatment for patients comfort.
How Cooling Mechanism Works:
- Skin is cooled before and during treatment.
- Enhanced safety: superior epidermal protection is achieved through contact cooling.Increased comfort: by continuously cooling the skin, pain and discomfort are significantly reduced.
- Higher efficacy: Compression of the skin rotates follicle closer to the surface, blenches blood vessels and reduces competing chromophores. High fluence enables treatment of areas requiring
- precision and thin, light hair.
UNDERSTANDING HAIR GROWTH
All body & facial hair goes through 3 distinct phases of growth; Anagen, Catagen & Telogen. At any time, 85% of your hair is in the anagen phase (active growth) which is where you get best results from a laser treatment. This is because the follicle (dermal papilla) is closest to the skins surface and the melanin content of the hair is at its highest and therefore optimum hair destruction is in this active stage. The light targets the follicle, heats it & destroys the hair.
Multiple treatments are needed because only hair in the active growth phase, or “anagen” phase can be affected by the laser. Time is needed for hairs in the Catagen & Telogen phases to move into the Anagen face. Effective results require treatments spread evenly with 1 month gap treatment.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser uses energy from a specific light wavelength to precisely target hair follicles (or more specifically the melanin within them). This will destroy the hair follicle preventing it from growing again. The laser we operate in our clinic, DEKA Synchro REPLA: Y Excellium 3.4, uses patented cooling technology making it virtually pain free and more effective at reaching the hair follicle and the melanin.
How Effective Is It?
The DEKA Synchro REPLA: Y Excellium 3.4 is widely regarded as the ‘gold standard’ in hair removal and far superior to most other lasers and IPL hair removal. After each treatment you will notice a reduction in the amount of hair growing in the specific area, until eventually, after a course of treatments, the hair will stop growing. Laser treatments are only approved by the FDA for ‘permanent hair reduction’ NOT ‘permanent hair removal’. Typically you can expect to see an 80%-95% reduction in hair growth following a course of treatment.
How Many Treatments Will You Need?
This varies for each individual. Normally six sessions is the minimum number required for those who have thinner hair strands. Some people may need more, particularly if you suffer with certain medical conditions such as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). During your consultation our trained therapists can assess your skin type, hair distribution, density and thickness and give you a better idea of what to expect.
Is It Suitable For Darker Skin Types?
Laser hair removal can be used for any colour skin type. Very dark skin types may need more treatments to achieve satisfactory results but as long as the hair is darker than the skin the laser will be able to successful target the melanin and destroy that hair. Our experienced therapists will use the appropriate settings for your particular skin type and hair colour/density.
PREPARING FOR TREATMENT:
- Here at the Smile Studios, Bahrain we will not carry out any laser hair removal treatment if patients didn’t shave 1 day before their appointment and patients under medication of Isotretinoin.
- It is extremely important that your skin is ‘free’ from a tan (real or fake) for at least 4 weeks prior to treatment. An active tan prevents our therapists from treating you as the skin will absorb too much energy which can lead to burns and unwanted pigmentation.
- For female, it is best to do any laser procedure at least 2 weeks after their monthly periods to avoid skin sensitivity.
- During your course of treatment you must avoid direct sun exposure (including sunbeds) and apply a daily broad spectrum SPF 30+ as UV light can cause pigmentation changes in the skin.
- No heat treatments are permitted for 48 hrs after laser hair removal (sauna, steam room, hot showers & baths, swimming).
- No make-up application for 24 hrs with the exception of a light mineral make-up, which can be applied immediately.
- Avoid excessive exercise for 48 hrs after.
- Avoid the application of perfumed creams, soaps and lotions on the treated area.
- A broad spectrum SPF 50+ must be applied daily to any treatment areas exposed to UV light.
- Hair must not be waxed, tweezed or threaded in-between sessions as a root must be present in the follicle in order for the laser to work. Shaving however is permitted between treatments.