Breast augmentation is indicated if you are not satisfied with your breast size. Breast augmentation can:
- Increase the size and projection of your breasts,
- Improve your body's balance,
- Improve your self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Correct breast asymmetry
- Implants can also be used to reconstruct the breast after mastectomy or injury.
Breast augmentation does not correct severely sagging breasts. If you want a result that corrects sagging, the breast lift procedure can be performed at the same time as the breast augmentation, or a second surgery may be necessary.
Prior to surgery, you may need to:
- Do laboratory tests or medical evaluation;
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications;
- Perform a mammogram or ultrasound before surgery;
- Quit smoking before the surgery;
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatories and natural medicines, as they can increase bleeding.
How is the surgery?
The breast implant can be placed below the muscle or gland. The location of the prosthesis will depend on the type of breast.
- Behind the muscle: when there is little gland and the prosthesis is placed behind the muscle. Thus, the implants are not apparent.
- In front of the muscle: when there is a good amount of gland and it is possible to cover the implant completely.
There’s different types of implants: round and anatomical shapes. Texturized, polyurethane and smooth.