The 4 most important questions about diet?
1-What kind of fat is ok to eat ?
Not all fat are created equal .Fish nuts and avocados are healthy sources of fat. Minimize fried food and eliminate trans fat completely from your diet . Go for low fat options when you chose diary.
2-How can we add more fluid to our diet ?
Water is the best source of hydration. Yet sometimes We need additional options , I would suggest Soups and fruits ( ex: watermelon and grapes ) . Try to also go for low fat yoghurt and milk these are also fluids .
3-How important is Vitamin D?
The recommended vitamin D is usually not enough from diet
Everyone should be on vitamin D supplements . It’s best to take your blood work and discuss them with your doctor before starting on any supplement. Many foods have added vitamin D now . Good vitamin D sources include fish (ex:sardines ), eggs, mushrooms, fortified options can be fortified Laban or milk.
Is always sugar free good for you ?
Not quite , some use it for marketing purposes and you need to read your nutrition facts - some might add more fat on the expense of removing the sugar.
Facial skin care at home:
- Don’t ever sleep with makeup on your face.
- You must clean your face at least twice in the day, in the morning and evening.
- Don’t use soap to clean your face you must use a liquid cleanser; soap would dry your face
- You must choose cleanser that is suitable to your skin.
- Use tonic after cleaning the face.
- Only after cleaning the skin you can apply the day or night creams.
- Regularly use products with fruit acids. They help to level the surface of the epidermis, relieve dead skin flake plus they have a softening effect on the skin and comedones.
- Use a fruit acid scrub or a cleansing skin softening mask to remove dead skin particles in the deeper layers.
- Never squeeze comedones and acne papules by yourself, let the specialist do that. in fact, if you start squeezing the comedon with dirty hands, you would cause an infection over the area. Even ripe comedones will most likely not succumb to your efforts. You will begin to exert strong pressure on it; as a result the greasy plugs will not raise to the surface of the skin, but would rather go deeper into the epidermis thus Spreading and causing an infection, and would create additional inflammation, and smallpox scar would form at the site of the comedone that you tried to squeeze out.
Dr. Walid Abdel Malak
Skin care in summer time:
The main negative factors in summer time are high air temperature, humidity and intense ultraviolet radiation during Summer. the exposure to all of those factors would stimulate the formation of sebum(fat), sweating, pores enlargement, skin dehydration, sunburn, and hyperpigmentation. as a result of all of that, you need to adjust your skincare during such conditions in a way to protect the skin from such negative environmental effects.
Tips for skincare during Summer.
One of the main stages of skincare is cleansing. It is necessary to clean your skin at least twice a day; as in the morning and the evening, but during the hot season, due to increased fat formation and sweat during the day, you would need to clean more often; use wet wipes, tonic or mineral water, and re-apply a light moisturizer.
2-Day face cream and makeup
In the summer, you should hydrate your skin and minimize the number of layers of your makeup. regardless of the age and type of skin in the summer, you must use a moisturizing mask. It is advisable to make such a mask after the flight, a long day in the sun and generally in all situations when the skin loses moisture and you do need to quickly fill the water deficit in order to return skin comfort and beautiful appearance.
One of the main tips of skincare in the summer is sun protection. use sunscreen creams is a must with SPF 30-50. as for the care after sun exposure, it is important to take a shower in order to thoroughly wash off the remains of sunscreen and apply a light moisturizing emulsion to the skin with a smoothing effect. and do not forget the sunglasses. Otherwise, you will constantly squint because of the bright sun, which will actively contribute to the formation of mimic wrinkles.
4-What to avoid during Summer
In summer time, it is not recommended to use products with acids and retinol, because these products would increase the sensitivity of the skin towards the sun. and you must avoid sunbathes between 10:00 and 15:00 even if you use a good sunscreen as well as avoiding laser treatments if possible.
Be extra careful and caring towards your skin during Summer, spoil your skin with procedures as hydrafacials, PRP, Mesotherapy, hydration masks as they are so useful, especially at this time of the year.
Dr. Walid Abdel Malak