WISDOM TOOTH EXTRACTION
Wisdom Tooth Extraction
Wisdom teeth grow at the back of your gums and are the last teeth to come through. Because of the lack of space, the wisdom teeth can sometimes emerge at an angle or get stuck and only partially emerge. Wisdom teeth that grow like these cases are impacted and would require extraction.
Will I experience pain during the procedure?
You will be provided with different types of anesthesia depending on your case to eliminate any pain and discomfort.
Will I experience pain after the procedure?
Depending on your case, you may experience some soreness, swelling, bruising and limited mouth opening after the treatment, this is usually well controlled with prescribed pain medications.
What are post-procedure tips?
- Protect the area where the tooth has been removed and avoid touching it with your tongue or hands.
- Avoid hot drinks and food for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid rinsing your mouth with water or mouthwash for 24 hours after the procedure.
- If you experience bleeding, apply gentle pressure on the site with clean gauze.
- Avoid smoking for 3 days after the procedure.